Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Baguio Tour (Grand Opening Panagbenga Festival)

One of my goals this year is to travel more and take pictures of these amazing places. I have read somewhere that sometimes, we need to travel alone -- to meet amazing people, to be who you really are, to experience absolute freedom and to leave everything else behind.

This year, I did that. And it was indeed liberating. :)

I stayed in Hotel Veniz and the check-in went smoothly, thanks to my booking agent. Because of the traffic in Urdaneta and Sison, I arrived in Baguio at 4PM. Went to the hotel, unpacked and went to Session Road for some waffles and brewed coffee -- Volante style.


Woke up with the beat of the drums from the opening parade of the Panagbenga Festival. Arrrgghh curse you, cold weather! Was only take a few pictures but, it was an amazing experience. This is the start of the month-long festival. I enjoyed the explosion of colors, the smiles on the faces of the crowd and the craftsmanship that was put into making those colorful costumes and props. 

                   

  



                                 




Then I went to Philippine Military Academy before heading back to my hotel to rest and spent the evening with a couple of drinks at Rumours, Session Road. 




Day 2 and 3 to be posted soon. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice shots! :) Are you also new in ze blogmosphere? Hehe. Please visit my blog, I just started this year. hope to see you soon! http://taragumala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete