Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Romantic Tagaytay Getaway


Tagaytay is a best place for a quick weekend getaway to just relax and enjoy the cool weather. But, to the more adventurous folks out there, Tagaytay may not be your cup of tea unless you are planning to cross the lake and hike to the mouth of the volcano -- that I have to try soon. 

So, here's my story: 

In our attempt to fix a relationship, we do things for the first time in so many years. In my case - to travel more. We seldom travel together in our 10 years of companionship. We were okay with  just going to the mall, watching movies and just stay home. It was only on our 10th year that we decided to travel more --- but, it was too late. Things can no longer be fixed and heart can no longer be stopped from falling in love with someone else. Now, I'm just a lonely traveler. 




But, not everything has been lost -- my experience gave me courage to face my fears to travel alone and pursue my hobby. When I think about what happened, it still hurts but, one day soon, it will just be a memory -- it will linger without the hurt. 

These images will always be special to me because this is the day I changed for someone I love -- regardless of the outcome, I have changed. It was a blissful 2-day stay in Tagaytay.

Leslie's Restaurant famous for its Bulalo. 
Our first stop after the bust drive from Pasay to Tagaytay, the famous Leslie's Restaurant. 

Magallanes Hotel. Magallanes Drive Corner Sta. Rit, Magallanes Drive, Tagaytay
We then headed to Magallanes Hotel just right in front of Leslie's Restaurant. Cozy and the amenities are up to date.

Starbucks, Tagaytay.
After a few hours in the hotel, we headed to Starbucks. Perfect weather to share a warm cup of brewed coffee. 
Mushroom Burger. Km. 60 Brgy Kaybagal, Tagatay.
Dinner time. We went to the famous Mushroom Burger and ordered their bestseller. We then back to the hotel.

Breakfast at Magallanes Hotel.
  Sky Ranch.
We rode the Eye in the Sky. It was a warm but blissful day.

Bag of Beans. Aguinaldo Highway (near Rotonda)
We then headed to Bag of Beans before going back to Manila.

Fin.


2 comments:

  1. You should try the raisin bread of Bag of Beans! :) Aww. That's why you are ze lonely traveler! Enjoy traveling and hope to meet you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try that soon. Thanks for the tip! Yeah, travel more, live more :)

    ReplyDelete