Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I Quit!

Today, I quit my job. Crazy, right? After 13 years of being employed, I finally decided to just quit. 

Do I have a job waiting for me? None. Was it wise in this time that the unemployment rate has increased? Maybe not. Am I happy? YES. And that is all that matters. I am happy with my decision. I am happy knowing that my family fully supports my decision with a note: "Follow your hear's desire. Do what you have to do." 




I am not getting any younger, I will turn 36 this March. Some may argue that there is nothing wrong to grow old in a company -- it may be true for some but, I just don't see myself going that path. For once in my life, I want to follow my instincts, I want to make my own decisions, I want to do things that really matter to me. 


To quote Confucius "find a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life" With that, I am giving myself a chance to find a job that I love. A freelance photographer, an events coordinator and diorama artist. I have high hopes but, I know that I may stumble and struggle at first but, I have considered the risks before leaping. And one day. I will look back and say to myself that "Yeah, I did it, I finally did it!"

What to do now? Right now, I just want to travel. Feel the wind on my face without worrying of deadlines. Feel the sand on my feet without the fear that I have to leave soon because I have a meeting the following day. Absolute freedom from corporate world. I'm effin' FREE! 

It was an amazing 13 years and I will always be grateful to the company for putting my kid bro to school, for providing decent food on our table, and for all the lessons I have learned which I will be able to use. It was an amazing journey and it is time to create one on my own.






If all else fails, I know I have to go back to the corporate world. But today, I will enjoy my freedom after 13 years! I will once again embrace sunrise and not drag myself to work. And to once again enjoy the sunset which I seldom see. I will enjoy my life, even for a while before it's too late. You only live once. I choose to LIVE NOW

#YOLO



No comments:

Post a Comment